Wyoming Investment in Nursing
Your loan balance will be reduced on the basis of one year of full-time employment in Wyoming as a nurse or nurse educator, repaying the loan balance of one academic year of full-time enrollment, or $12,000 whichever is less. If you work less than full time, qualified work will be credited on a proportional basis with 2080 hours considered one full year. Work shall be performed within the following time period: beginning the day after you receive your nursing license and are employed as a nurse or nurse educator. Repayment terms are:
- If the loan can be repaid with work of 2 years or less, within 3 years
- If the loan can be repaid with work of greater than 2 years, but no more than 4 years, within 5 years
- If the loan can be repaid with work of greater than 4 years, within the amount of time the loan could be repaid plus 2 years
Conditions for forgiving a WYIN loan after graduation:
- You have 45 days from your graduation date to take your licensure exam (NCLEX)
- Once you receive your nursing license, you must provide a copy to Align
- Once you have your license, you have 90 days to seek employment within the State of Wyoming
- After you have secured employment, your must notify Align of your employer’s name, address, and phone number
- When you’ve been employed for 10 months, your employer must complete a form verifying your employment and send it to Align
- Upon employment verification, your loans will be forgiven at the rate listed above
Your loan will be converted to loan repayment if:
- You fail to complete the program for which you received the funds
- You failed the licensure exam and do not re-take it at the next available opportunity
- You fail the licensure exam twice
- You do not find a job within 90 days of licensure
- You stop working in Wyoming as a nurse or nurse educator
- You do not repay the full amount of your loan through work within the timeframes prescribed
There is a $50.00 minimum payment per customer.
Wyoming Invest in Nursing loans default in 90 days if payments are not made!
Contact Us 307-638-0800 or 1-800-999-6541. We’ll talk you through the entire process!
-- back to top --